Amia task seating provides comfort and full support throughout the day.
Tucked away inside its backrest is Amia's patent-pending LiveLumbar - a system of flexors that contour to fit your spine, for continuous lower back support as you move in your chair.
You may not see it, but you'll certainly feel it. As you sit in the chair, an adjustable LiveLumbar zone flexes with your every move, for consistent ergonomic support for your lower back. Hour after hour, day after day.
With additional comfort features like 4-way adjustable arms, adjustable seat depth and a flexible front seat edge, Amia keeps you feeling good. It's a chair for every day, that's not your everyday chair.
In addition to the ergonomic features above, the Amia chair has a range of options:
- Stool version available
- Two finish colors are available: black and platinum
- Optional Sewn cushion
- Optional polished aluminum base
- Available with Steelcase and Designtex fabric, leather, or vinyl as well as COM (customer's own material).
- 3D Knit material available on the chair back with matching fabric seat, or with a seat fabric of your choice.
- Fixed arms
- Optional Sewn cushion
- Height, depth, width and pivot adjustable arms
Using a holistic environmental approach, a Lifecycle Assessment
measures the impact of each step in a product's lifecycle:
materials, production, transport, use and end of life. Here are few
examples of lifecycle considerations for the Amia
- All materials in the Amia chair were required to pass materials chemistry analysis by MBDC, which tests each substance for safety to human and environmental health. For more information on MBDC testing, please visit their web site, www.mbdc.com.
- The Amia chair is up to 97% recyclable and the use of inseparable mixed materials was avoided to make recycling easier.
- Should you decide to resell, donate or recycle your Amia chair someday, the Steelcase Environmental Partnership program can help connect you with ways to do that.
Some key certifications for the Amia chair:
- MBDC Cradle to Cradle™ Certified - Silver. The U.S. Green Building Council has recognized the importance of Cradle to Cradle design protocol by awarding LEED points based on the use of C2C certified products.
- level™ 2 certified to the BIFMA e3 sustainability standard. According to BIFMA, the level™ conformance mark ensures a comprehensive, independent and impartial assessment of the environmental and social impacts of a product's manufacture. level makes it easy to identify products that have been evaluated against a consensus-based, multi-attribute sustainability standard.
- SCS Indoor Advantage™ Gold certification for protecting indoor air quality, so Amia may help contribute toward earning LEED credits for your project.
Adjustable features of Amia seating.
A system of flexors tucked neatly away inside its back rest that contour to fit your spine, for continuous lower back support as you move in your chair.
b. Flexible seat edge
When you recline or lean forward, the seat edge flexes to relieve pressure on the back of the legs.
c. Adjustable Seat depth
People don't fit neatly into average body sizes. Leg and torso lengths can vary independent of a person's overall height. Adjustable seat depth accommodates different body shapes for long-term comfort.
d. Back tension
Adjust the amount of resistance, or "push back" to your preference to help maintain your back's natural curve.
e. Height, Depth, Width, and Pivot Arms
Arms telescope in and out, move forward and back, pivot and adjust up and down so you can find a natural position that comfortably supports the wrists, forearms, shoulders and neck.