Leap seating provides a high performance, ergonomic solution for any office.
Benefits & features
- The flexible backrest ensures that the back is always fully supported.
- The separate upper and lower back controls can be adjusted to provide full support to any user.
- The dynamic seat takes the pressure off the spine when reclining.
- The optional headrest relieves pressure in the neck.
- Sustainability: Leap is up to 98% recyclable and contains no hazardous materials.
- Stool version available
- Leap Plus available. Leap Plus offers the same benefits, aesthetic appeal, and functionality of Leap with support for users up to 500 lbs.
- Adjustable lumbar support
- Chair frame available in black, midnight (solar black), platinum, or dress up your Leap chair with the polished aluminum frame
- Leap available armless, with height adjustable arms, or with height, depth, width and pivot adjustable arms.
- Available with Steelcase and Designtex fabric, leather, or vinyl as well as COM (customer's own material) 3D Knit material available on the chair back with matching fabric seat, or with a seat fabric of your choice
The Leap chair has been tested for up to 300 lbs. The Leap chair is backed by the Steelcase North America Lifetime Warranty.
The Leap chair was designed with your well-being in mind. It was also designed with the planet's well-being in mind.
Working with McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry (MBDC), we re-examined the materials and processes used to create our top selling chair. MBDC analyzed all materials in the Leap chair for their impact on human and environmental health according to their strict protocols, as well as identifying any materials that didn't meet their scrutiny. The Leap chair contains no PVCs, CFCs, solvents, chrome, benzene, lead or mercury. Through steps we've taken to evaluate and improve the Leap chair's environmental performance, Leap has received Silver Cradle to Cradle™ Product Certification from MBDC.
The Leap chair is level™ 2 certified to the BIFMA e3 sustainability standard. According to BIFMA, the level™ conformance mark ensures a comprehensive, independent and impartial assessment of the environmental and social impacts of a product's manufacture. level makes it easy to identify products that have been evaluated against a consensus-based, multi-attribute sustainability standard.
A few more environmental facts about Leap:
- The Leap chair is up to 98% recyclable by weight, depending on the options selected, and made of up to 30% recycled content.
- Leap manufacturing uses powder-coated paints, water-based adhesives and VOC-free manufacturing processes.
- The cushioning in the back upholstery is made from 50% post-consumer PET (for example, recycled plastic soda and water bottles) and is 100% recyclable.
- To reduce packaging waste, the Leap chair is blanket wrapped (not boxed) for domestic shipment. And throughout the manufacturing process, our suppliers use reusable parts containers to further reduce waste.
- Through implementing leaner manufacturing processes, we were able to reduce the amount of manufacturing space used to produce Leap by 74%, resulting in a significant reduction in the amount of energy used in production.
- The Leap chair is designed for a long life. To ensure that happens, back cushions, seat assembly, arms, and lumbar support can be added, changed, or replaced at any time.
- Leap is SCS Indoor Advantage™ Gold certified for indoor air quality. The program tests and certifies products for compliance with USGBC LEED EQ4.5 (furniture and seating).