Think is an ergonomic and environmentally friendly task chair.
Think is the chair with a brain and a conscience. It's intelligent enough to understand how you sit and adjust itself intuitively. It's thoughtful enough to measure and minimize its lifelong impact on the environment..
The Think chair has a range of functional and aesthetic options:
- Translucent 3D Knit back is available in 14 colors. Matching seat upholstery is available, or create your own look by choosing any of the thousands of Steelcase and Designtex fabrics, leathers, and vinyls. Custom materials are also an option.
- Available with a fully-upholstered seat and back in any of the thousands of Steelcase and Designtex fabrics, leathers and vinyls. Custom materials are also an option. The foundation fabric on the back cushion (seen from behind the chair) will always match the frame color, either black or slate.
- Two finish colors are available: black and platinum
- Optional polished aluminum base
- Optional adjustable headrest, which can be added or removed at any time
- Optional adjustable lumbar, which can be added or removed at any time
Think arm options are:
- Fixed arms
- Adjustable arms
Designed by Glen Oliver Loew
German designer Glen Oliver Loew says of the creation of the Think chair, "Design isn't just about style. It's about integrity of materials, functional integrity and intent. Think is a truthful chair - the result of open dialogue between engineers, environmentalists, and the designer."
Hear interviews with Glen Oliver Loew, as well as the chair's engineer and environmental consultants, on the Think mini-site.
A chair thoughtful enough to measure, and minimize, its lifelong impact on the environment.
In developing the Think chair, we considered where it comes from, how it is made, and what it will be when it is no longer a chair.
The Think chair is the first product to ever receive Cradle to Cradle™ Product Certification from McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry (MBDC) and has Silver-level certification. The Cradle to Cradle™ Product Certification evaluates a product for human and environmental health impacts throughout its lifecycle and its potential for being truly recycled or safely composted.
A complete Life Cycle Assessment has been completed for Think, evaluating the chair's lifelong impact on the environment - from materials used through production, shipping, use and end of life. The results of the Life Cycle Assessment are reported in the Environmental Product Declaration (EPD).
The Think chair is the first product ever to be level™ 3 certified to the BIFMA e3 sustainability standard. According to BIFMA, the level™ conformance mark ensures a comprehensive, independent and impartial assessment of the environmental and social impacts of a product's manufacture. Level certification makes it easy to identify products that have been evaluated against a consensus-based, multi-attribute sustainability standard.
The Think chair is also SCS Indoor Advantage™ Gold Certified. The program tests and certifies products for compliance with USGBC LEED EQ4.5 (furniture and seating).
A few more environmental facts about Think:
- Up to 98% recyclable by weight
- Disassembly for recycling takes about five minutes using common hand tools (hammer, screwdriver, etc.)
- Up to 37% recycled content