Siento is a high performance executive task chair.
Benefits & features
- Created in partnership with architect and product designer Jorge Pensi
- LiveBack® technology flexes with you as you move and recline in the chair, for full support
- Adjustable back tension control lets you set the amount of resistance as you recline
- Flexible seat edge, relieves pressure on the back of the legs as you recline or lean forward
- Upright back lock
Designed in Collaboration with Jorge Pensi
The Steelcase team worked in collaboration with Spanish designer Jorge Pensi to merge ergonomic technology with a slim, elegant design for high-end environments.
Pensi says of the Siento chair, "We knew from the beginning that we had a flexible and special back. Our design was conceived with this technology. When you look at the chair, it looks like a simple chair but there's a lot of technology inside that makes it remarkable
Because Siento is designed for high-end work environments, it has no exposed hard parts that could damage nearby wood furniture.
- High-back and Mid-back available
- T-arms and enclosed arms
- Optional headrest cushion
- Base and arms available in polished aluminum, platinum, and black
- Available in a wide variety of Steelcase upholstery, chromium-free leather, and Customer's Own Material
The Siento chair was designed to be an environmentally responsible product.
- Made of up to 28% recycled content and 91% recyclable.
- PVC-free and chrome-free
- Standard leather is chromium-free, which eliminates a heavy metal from the tanning process. The leather is safer to re-use or dispose of at the end of the product's useful life.
- McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry (MBDC) assessed the materials in Siento for safety to human and environmental health and awarded it Cradle to Cradle certification.
- The University of Michigan conducted a Life Cycle Assessment of Siento to understand and measure its environmental impact throughout every stage of its life cycle.
- The Siento chair is levelTM 2 certified to the BIFMA e3 sustainability standard. According to BIFMA, the level™ conformance mark ensures a comprehensive, independent and impartial assessment of the environmental and social impacts of a product's manufacture. level makes it easy to identify products that have been evaluated against a consensus-based, multi-attribute sustainability standard.
- The Siento chair is SCS Indoor Advantage™ Gold certified for indoor air quality. The program tests and certifies products for compliance with USGBC LEED EQ4.5 (furniture and seating).