node: seating for the active learning classroom.
The node chair is mobile and flexible. It's designed for quick, easy transitions from one teaching mode to the next. With node, a classroom can transition from lecture mode to team mode and back again, without interruption.
Benefits & features
- Casters lend mobility for quick, easy transitions between teaching modes.
- Swivel seat keeps open sightlines between student and instructor, whiteboard, and other students.
- Personal worksurface swivels in tandem with seat and is adjustable for users of all sizes. It accommodates left- and right-handed students and is large enough to support students' digital and analog resources.
- Base keeps backpacks and valuable personal belongings out of the aisle.
- Flexible seat, without pneumatic adjustments to worry about, keeps students comfortable in a variety of postures.
- Open seat design offers easy access, while arms serve as backpack hooks.
- Comfort without upholstery means easy maintenance.
- Steelcase warranty with elevated durability testing makes node an easy choice.
- Available as a height-adjustable, multiuse five-star chair and five-star stool.
- Available with or without worksurface.
- Seat shell is available in 12 color options.
- Base is available in 3 color options.
- Worksurface is available in 5 colors.
- Optional cupholder available.
- Base options include hard casters, soft casters and glides.
The node chair is shipped in three simple parts (base, seat shell and worksurface-if ordered) that assemble in 30 seconds without tools. Really.
The node chair is as smart for the planet as it is for the classroom.
Every stage of the node chair's life is being considered. We work with McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry (MBDC) to select materials that are assessed safe for human and environmental health.
The node chair is undergoing a complete Life Cycle Assessment, evaluating the chair's lifelong impact on the environment-from materials extraction through production, shipping, use, and end of life.
- level™ 2 certified to the BIFMA e3 sustainability standard. According to BIFMA, the level™ conformance mark ensures a comprehensive, independent and impartial assessment of the environmental and social impacts of a product's manufacture. level makes it easy to identify products that have been evaluated against a consensus-based, multi-attribute sustainability standard.
- SCS Indoor Advantage™ Gold certified for indoor air quality. The program tests and certifies products for compliance with USGBC LEED EQ4.5 (furniture and seating).
- MBDC Cradle to Cradle™ Certified. The U.S. Green Building Council has recognized the importance of Cradle to Cradle design protocol by awarding LEED points based on the use of C2C certified products.