4.8four point eight is a meeting table which integrates technology. An innovative "plug 'n play" connectivity is integrated into the centre of the table. It enables the work surface to be clutter-free.
Benefits & features
- 4.8 four point eight offers an instant and self explaining connectivity to power and data.
- The innovative integration of technology facilitates the connections between people and smoothes the flow of information.
- The light open aluminium structure maximizes leg room, for a better user comfort and mobility: the table offers only 4 legs at for the 3 200cm width version and 6 legs for the 4 800cm.
- 4.8 four point eight proposes a generous cable storing capacity, for facility managers and users.
- A small raised top slides along the cable tray and regains the area of the cable tray on which to place a projector.
- Sustainability: 4.8 four point eight is 98% recyclable and contains no hazardous materials.
- Discover more about 4.8 four point eight by visiting our Come Together website
Veneer and linoleum finish
4 top shapes available in different sizes
2010 Germany - iF Design Award
The Design Forum International in Hannover honoured the meeting table 4.8 with the coveted iF Design Award.
The IF Design Award has been one of the most important design awards since 1954. Every year more than 1800 products from 30 different countries are registered. The jury was composed of international designers.
During 4.8 four point eight development process we considered environmental impacts of our decisions at every stage of the product's lifecycle.
Life Cycle Assessment
The 4.8 four point eight is manufactured in Rosenheim, Germany, by Steelcase. Thanks to the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) method, Steelcase can quantify the product's environmental impacts to set the stage for further improvements. This method, based on ISO 14044, is selected by the European Union for environmental evaluation. It allows us to measure the environmental impact of our products throughout their lifecycle.
4.8 four point eight Life Cycle
11% recycled content by weight. 90% recycled cardboard and 30% recycled LDPE fi lm (Low Density Polyethylene) in packaging. Water-based inks without solvent on packaging.
ISO 14001/ EMAS certifi cation of the Rosenheim site (Germany). Water-based glue for edge banding. Powder coat painting: VOC-free and free of heavy metals.
Manufactured close to customers, in Europe. Minimised packaging weight and volume to improve fi lling rates and save energy for shipping.
Designed for a long product life. Replaceable parts. Maintenance information available on Steelcase.com.
End of life
Up to 98% recyclable by weight. 100% recyclable cardboard and LDPE fi lm for packaging. Plastics parts clearly labelled for easy sorting and effective recycling. 40% of EPP corners used for packaging are re-used.
4.8 four point eight Environmental Certifications
With 4.8 four point eight we can provide three Product Environmental Profiles (PEP), an environmental declaration according to the objectives of ISO 14021.
4.8 four point eight complies with the German environmental certification "Blauer Engel ".
The wooden components of 4.8 four point eight are labelled with PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification).
The particle boards comply with the low emission "E1 Standard" (EN13986).